This person will:
- Manage and organize all office scheduling, including onsite podcast interviews, continuing education sessions, and networking lunches for our reporting team.
- Book media appearances for the CEO, editor, and reporters to raise awareness of The Texan.
- Respond to office calls and emails related to subscription issues and tips for the editor.
- Troubleshoot WordPress website and customer management system issues.
- Manage the administrative and HR operations of the company, including personnel, payroll, expenses, employee benefits, and onboarding and offboarding procedures.
- Manage supplies and presentation of the Austin office.
- Schedule and attend CEO outreach presentations at grassroots events throughout Texas to build subscriptions and contact lists and will assist in creating the PowerPoint presentation for those events.
- Plan and organize an annual dinner event with an influential speaker(s) that focuses on entertaining but also educating attendees about the crisis in legacy media.
- Report directly to the Marketing and Media Manager.
Successful applicants will have:
- Share enthusiasm for the mission of The Texan.
- Be familiar with public policy, grassroots networks, or politics.
- Have experience in administrative assistance, office management, HR, or outreach.
- Be organized, detail-oriented, efficient, excellent with customer service, and willing to take initiative.
- Be familiar with WordPress, Active Campaign, and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Be located in or willing to relocate to Austin, Texas.
Interested parties should contact: Daniel Friend — [email protected]