Interested in working for The Texan? Apply today.
This person will:
- Report to the senior editor and work with the reporters to support the editorial team throughout the research and publishing process.
- Line edit individual news stories and correct grammatical or accuracy errors.
- Help manage a docket of stories from concept to publication.
- Prepare or give input on social media copy and headlines, among other editorial assets.
- Assemble podcast topics, source contact information, editorial resources, or other administrative needs of the editorial team.
- Assist in research for the editorial team ahead of radio spots, guest interviews, events, or stories.
Successful applicants will have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- An enthusiasm for telling the real stories that affect everyday Texans.
- A compelling command of the English language and the ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and engagingly using the written word.
- A zeal for fact-checking and research.
- The ability to handle multiple projects and stories simultaneously and professionally.
- The willingness, commitment, and stamina to work whenever and wherever there is a story.
- Familiarity with public policy or Texas politics and/or experience in a newsroom and fast-paced world of journalism.
- The ability to work effectively within time constraints and deadlines.
- The independence of a self-starter while still engaging in selfless collaboration with a close-knit team.
- The willingness to move to Austin, Texas.
Interested parties should contact: McKenzie Taylor — [email protected]