Interested in working for The Texan? Apply today.
This person will:
- Work with our Senior Editor to write compelling pieces firmly rooted in fact and truth to be published on our platform.
- If called upon, exhibit the ability to interview some of the highest-profile Texans professionally and thoroughly.
Successful applicants will have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- An absolute enthusiasm for telling the real stories that affect everyday Texans.
- A compelling command of the English language and the ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and engagingly using the written word. A zeal for fact-checking and research.
- The ability to multitask and handle multiple projects and stories simultaneously and professionally.
- The willingness, commitment, and stamina to work whenever and wherever there is a story to write or news to be covered.
- Familiarity with public policy or Texas politics and/or experience in the newsroom and familiarity with the process and fast-paced world of journalism.
- The ability to work and manage effectively within time constraints and deadlines.
- The independence of a self-starter while still engaging in selfless collaboration with a close-knit team.
- The willingness to move to Austin, Texas.
Interested parties should contact: Annie Anderson — [email protected]