Trump’s Texas Endorsements
Rep. Mayes Middleton (R-Wallisville), who is running for the open Senate District 11 seat, received one of the most sought-after endorsements in Republican politics this week, from former President Donald Trump.
In a comment to The Texan, Middleton said, “I’m honored to have earned President Trump’s endorsement. He knows we need conservative fighters who actually do what they say on the campaign trail. We must secure our border, lower property taxes, and stop Joe Biden’s idiotic policies that are strangling our economy.”
Middleton makes the 19th endorsement by Trump of a Texas elected official or candidate for next year’s midterms. Below is a list of each person the former president has formally endorsed so far.
- Governor Greg Abbott, re-election
- Lt. Governor Dan Patrick, re-election
- Attorney General Ken Paxton, re-election
- Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller, re-election
- Comptroller Glenn Hegar, re-election
- Sen. Dawn Buckingham (R-Lakeway), running for land commissioner
- Rep. Michael Burgess (R-TX-26), re-election
- Rep. John Carter (R-TX-31), re-election
- Rep. Michael Cloud (R-TX-27), re-election
- Rep. Pat Fallon (R-TX-04), re-election
- Rep. Michael McCaul (R-TX-10), re-election
- Rep. Ronny Jackson (R-TX-13), re-election
- Rep. August Pfluger (R-TX-11), re-election
- Rep. Beth Van Duyne (R-TX-24), re-election
- Rep. Randy Weber (R-TX-14), re-election
- Rep. Roger Williams (R-TX-25), re-election
- Rep. Troy Nehls (R-TX-22), re-election
- Rep. Lance Gooden (R-TX-05), re-election
- Rep. Jodey Arrington (R-TX-19), re-election
- Rep. Brian Babin (R-TX-36), re-election
- Rep. Jake Ellzey (R-TX-06), re-election
- Rep. Kay Granger (R-TX-12), re-election
- Monica De La Cruz, running for the 15th Congressional District
- Wesley Hunt, running for the 38th Congressional District
- Sen. Angela Paxton (R-McKinney), re-election
- Rep. Ryan Guillen (R-Rio Grande City), re-election
- Rep. Mayes Middleton (R-Wallisville), running for Senate District 11
- Pete Flores (R-Pleasanton), running for Senate District 24
- Kevin Sparks (R-Midland), running for Senate District 31
- Rep. Steve Toth (R-The Woodlands), re-election
- Frederick Frazier, running for House District 61
- Tim O’Hare, running for Tarrant County Judge
- Phil Sorrells, running for Tarrant County District Attorney
Editor’s Note: This article has been updated with new endorsements.
Disclosure: Unlike almost every other media outlet, The Texan is not beholden to any special interests, does not apply for any type of state or federal funding, and relies exclusively on its readers for financial support. If you’d like to become one of the people we’re financially accountable to, click here to subscribe.
Brad Johnson is an Ohio native who graduated from the University of Cincinnati in 2017. He is an avid sports fan who most enjoys watching his favorite teams continue their title drought throughout his cognizant lifetime. In his free time, you may find Brad quoting Monty Python productions and trying to calculate the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow.