- Governor Abbott’s executive order designating fentanyl-trafficking organizations as terrorists
- El Paso’s system for busing noncitizens to sanctuary cities throughout the country
- A police reform activist going after his former ally, the mayor of Austin
- Attorney General Paxton asking Biden to declare fentanyl a “weapon of mass destruction”
- A district court’s ruling that prohibitions on purchasing firearms for those under felony indictment are unconstitutional
- The Bexar county sheriff opening an investigation into Florida governor Ron DeSantis
- The BlackRock CEO touting decarbonization and ESG at a Clinton Global Initiative meeting
- Republicans alleging political interference in the Hunter Biden investigation
- An update in the case about Texas’ prohibition on 18-20-year-olds carrying handguns
- The historic number of illegal immigrants apprehended so far this fiscal year
- The Migrant Resource Center in San Antonio flooding the local area with people who crossed the border
- A federal court upholding Texas’ law against social media censorship
Got questions for the reporting team? Email [email protected] — they just might be answered on a future podcast.
Listen to the “Weekly Roundup” wherever you get your podcasts. If you like what you hear, subscribe and leave us a review.
Disclosure: Unlike almost every other media outlet, The Texan is not beholden to any special interests, does not apply for any type of state or federal funding, and relies exclusively on its readers for financial support. If you’d like to become one of the people we’re financially accountable to, click here to subscribe.
Daniel Friend is the Marketing and Media Manager for The Texan. After graduating with a double-major in Political Science and Humanities, he wrote for The Texan as a reporter through June 2022. In his spare time, you're likely to find him working on The Testimony of Calvin Lewis, an Abolition of Man-inspired novel and theatrical podcast.