- Operation Lone Star arresting over 300,000 illegal immigrants since March 2021
- Senate Democrats pulling a big tech and journalism bill after an amendment was passed
- Texas House Republicans’ letter to the Secretary of Education over Title IX
- Amarillo approving new debt to fund its civic center without voter approval
- The Dallas City Council debating how to staff a new city government office
- A frenzied Frisco ISD board meeting over bathroom policy and gun storage
- Dan Patrick’s campaign responding to criticism of the lieutenant governor’s former investments
- Governor Abbott’s strong words in defense of Texas’ abortion law
- Mayra Flores’ Democratic opponent claiming she “stole” her special election
- A lawsuit against Texas A&M over claims of racial discrimination against white and Asian men
Got questions for the reporting team? Email [email protected] — they just might be answered on a future podcast.
Listen to the “Weekly Roundup” wherever you get your podcasts. If you like what you hear, subscribe and leave us a review.
Disclosure: Unlike almost every other media outlet, The Texan is not beholden to any special interests, does not apply for any type of state or federal funding, and relies exclusively on its readers for financial support. If you’d like to become one of the people we’re financially accountable to, click here to subscribe.
Daniel Friend is the Marketing and Media Manager for The Texan. After graduating with a double-major in Political Science and Humanities, he wrote for The Texan as a reporter through June 2022. In his spare time, you're likely to find him working on The Testimony of Calvin Lewis, an Abolition of Man-inspired novel and theatrical podcast.