- Austin Mayor Steve Adler’s last State of the City address
- The former Athens mayor facing prison for sending obscene content to what he believed was a 15-year-old girl
- Texas Democrats putting abortion at the center of their campaigns
- 23 Texas Republicans’ failed petition to knock Libertarian candidates off the ballot
- The Port of Corpus Christi’s future as it marks 100 years of service
- Governor Greg Abbott rejecting proposals to ban firearms for adults under 21
- Texas’ plan to spend $85 billion on transportation construction projects
- The State Board of Education scrapping its social studies standards drafts
- Accused MS-13 gang members facing the death sentence
- Border agents in the Rio Grande Valley rescuing people from stash houses
Got questions for the reporting team? Email [email protected] — they just might be answered on a future podcast.
Listen to the “Weekly Roundup” wherever you get your podcasts. If you like what you hear, subscribe and leave us a review.
Disclosure: Unlike almost every other media outlet, The Texan is not beholden to any special interests, does not apply for any type of state or federal funding, and relies exclusively on its readers for financial support. If you’d like to become one of the people we’re financially accountable to, click here to subscribe.
Daniel Friend is the Marketing and Media Manager for The Texan. After graduating with a double-major in Political Science and Humanities, he wrote for The Texan as a reporter through June 2022. In his spare time, you're likely to find him working on The Testimony of Calvin Lewis, an Abolition of Man-inspired novel and theatrical podcast.