- Dan Patrick’s response to his Democratic opponent’s endorsement from a Republican judge
- BlackRock relaxing its investment policy in response to state investigation
- Veterans Affairs expanding abortion access even in states with laws against abortion
- The end of the Department of Homeland Security’s “Disinformation Governance Board”
- E-cigarette manufacturer JUUL’s multi-million dollar payout to the state
- The Biden administration’s final rule to preserve DACA
- Back-and-forth over Texas’ law mandating donated “In God We Trust” signs displayed in public schools
- The expectations and recommendations for the Texas power grid
- Texas starting to bus illegal immigrants to Chicago
- Former NFL quarterback Tim Tebow speaking at an Andrews County event costing $60,000
Got questions for the reporting team? Email [email protected] — they just might be answered on a future podcast.
Listen to the “Weekly Roundup” wherever you get your podcasts. If you like what you hear, subscribe and leave us a review.
Disclosure: Unlike almost every other media outlet, The Texan is not beholden to any special interests, does not apply for any type of state or federal funding, and relies exclusively on its readers for financial support. If you’d like to become one of the people we’re financially accountable to, click here to subscribe.
Daniel Friend is the Marketing and Media Manager for The Texan. After graduating with a double-major in Political Science and Humanities, he wrote for The Texan as a reporter through June 2022. In his spare time, you're likely to find him working on The Testimony of Calvin Lewis, an Abolition of Man-inspired novel and theatrical podcast.