This week on The Texan’s “Weekly Roundup,” the team discusses:
- Early voting beginning in the wake of the new ballot fraud law
- Texas voter registration and initial early voting turnout
- The top 10 midterm races to watch in Texas, from governor to county judge
- Governor Abbott’s office seeming open to legalizing casinos
- The challenges Comptroller Glenn Hegar faces if he wins his third and final term
- Border agents encountering 1.5 million illegal aliens in Fiscal Year 2022
- The Donald Trump rally in Robstown last weekend and allusions to a 2024 run for the White House
- Paxton warning that the federal government could overpower Texas if the state declared a border “invasion”
- A state judge allowing the Ector County water district election to proceed
- Board members of the Ector County Utilities District questioning if the board president received a pardon for drug dealing
- A district judge halting Amarillo’s attempt to take out $260 million in non-voter-approved debt
- Democrat Mike Collier’s lawyer demanding stations cancel an ad from Republican Dan Patrick
- The three write-in candidates running for a district court seat in Dallas County
Got questions for the reporting team? Email [email protected] — they just might be answered on a future podcast.
Listen to the “Weekly Roundup” wherever you get your podcasts. If you like what you hear, subscribe and leave us a review.
Disclosure: Unlike almost every other media outlet, The Texan is not beholden to any special interests, does not apply for any type of state or federal funding, and relies exclusively on its readers for financial support. If you’d like to become one of the people we’re financially accountable to, click here to subscribe.
Daniel Friend is the Marketing and Media Manager for The Texan. After graduating with a double-major in Political Science and Humanities, he wrote for The Texan as a reporter through June 2022. In his spare time, you're likely to find him working on The Testimony of Calvin Lewis, an Abolition of Man-inspired novel and theatrical podcast.