This week on The Texan’s “Weekly Roundup,” the team discusses:
- The CEO of ERCOT asserting that the power grid is prepared for coming winter weather
- Supreme Court Justice John Roberts staying the decision to end Title 42
- The State of Texas withdrawing its appeal from a court ruling that adults under 21 can carry handguns
- A federal judge invalidating Homeland Security’s termination of “Remain in Mexico”
- Sen. Ted Cruz holding nominations to secure natural gas export permits
- Sen. John Cornyn casting doubt on “invasion” rhetoric concerning the southern border
- A state legislator filing a “Hyde Amendment” for gender modification
- State Sen. Roland Gutierrez filing a bill to require active shooting training for all law enforcement
- A Texas representative filing a ban on university Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion offices
- Republicans’ criticisms of the omnibus spending bill for its limits on border security funding
- The Karnes County sheriff and others switching parties from the Democrats to the GOP
- Lawyers for an Austin police officer in a shooting case asking to present evidence to the grand jury
- The best Christmas destinations in Texas for 2022
Got questions for the reporting team? Email [email protected] — they just might be answered on a future podcast.
Listen to the “Weekly Roundup” wherever you get your podcasts. If you like what you hear, subscribe and leave us a review.
Disclosure: Unlike almost every other media outlet, The Texan is not beholden to any special interests, does not apply for any type of state or federal funding, and relies exclusively on its readers for financial support. If you’d like to become one of the people we’re financially accountable to, click here to subscribe.
Daniel Friend is the Marketing and Media Manager for The Texan. After graduating with a double-major in Political Science and Humanities, he wrote for The Texan as a reporter through June 2022. In his spare time, you're likely to find him working on The Testimony of Calvin Lewis, an Abolition of Man-inspired novel and theatrical podcast.