- Paxton’s reaction to claims he ran from a courier serving him a subpoena
- The indefinite suspension of a San Antonio City Council member
- The City of Houston hosting its second gun buyback event
- Frisco ISD only removing a fraction of supposedly explicit books challenged by a Texas lawmaker
- The Texas power grid’s performance during the summer
- The State Board of Education voting to comply with the state ban on teaching critical race theory
- The Texas pensions that invested in companies deemed “fossil fuel boycotters” by the comptroller
- Governor Abbott’s Republican primary opponents supporting him ahead of November
- Rochelle Garza pledging her support for legal abortion and her criticism of Ken Paxton
- A Republican state senator coming out in favor of certain gun restrictions and abortion exceptions
- Republican Railroad Commission primary candidate Sarah Stogner endorsing the Democratic nominee
- A Republican judge denying Paxton as attorney general has the right to prosecute election fraud
Got questions for the reporting team? Email [email protected] — they just might be answered on a future podcast.
Listen to the “Weekly Roundup” wherever you get your podcasts. If you like what you hear, subscribe and leave us a review.
Disclosure: Unlike almost every other media outlet, The Texan is not beholden to any special interests, does not apply for any type of state or federal funding, and relies exclusively on its readers for financial support. If you’d like to become one of the people we’re financially accountable to, click here to subscribe.
Daniel Friend is the Marketing and Media Manager for The Texan. After graduating with a double-major in Political Science and Humanities, he wrote for The Texan as a reporter through June 2022. In his spare time, you're likely to find him working on The Testimony of Calvin Lewis, an Abolition of Man-inspired novel and theatrical podcast.