- The one and only governor’s race debate between Greg Abbott and Beto O’Rourke
- A federal judge allowing Texas’ lawsuit to exempt Texas-made suppressors from federal regulation to continue
- An appeals court ruling the Texas secretary of state can withhold an 11,000-name long list of potential noncitizens
- The Texas Lottery breaking its all-time sales record for the 12th year in a row
- Austin’s Director of the Office of Police Oversight leaving after nine months of maternity leave
- A national guardsman committing suicide in Eagle Pass
- Abbott filling a new school safety office created after the Uvalde shooting
- A lawsuit over potential fraud in an election over water fluoridation in Fredericksburg
- An independent report showing the Bexar County jail meets its regulatory requirements
- The trial beginning in a suit over Amarillo approving over a quarter billion in debt without voter approval
- A state judge halting a utility board election after claims the wrong members were put on the ballot
- Two Guatemalan men pleading guilty to deadly human smuggling charges
Got questions for the reporting team? Email [email protected] — they just might be answered on a future podcast.
Listen to the “Weekly Roundup” wherever you get your podcasts. If you like what you hear, subscribe and leave us a review.
Disclosure: Unlike almost every other media outlet, The Texan is not beholden to any special interests, does not apply for any type of state or federal funding, and relies exclusively on its readers for financial support. If you’d like to become one of the people we’re financially accountable to, click here to subscribe.
Daniel Friend is the Marketing and Media Manager for The Texan. After graduating with a double-major in Political Science and Humanities, he wrote for The Texan as a reporter through June 2022. In his spare time, you're likely to find him working on The Testimony of Calvin Lewis, an Abolition of Man-inspired novel and theatrical podcast.